What are your hobbies and interests? Our programs and clubs cover them all.
Between community-sponsored events and active Residents clubs, you’ll never need to search for something to do at The Overlook.
- Our Performing Arts Center is a beautiful 280-seat auditorium, and a perfect venue for musical performances, stimulating lectures and special events.
- Residents have established committees that promote and support our library, recycling programs, gardening, woodworking, dining choices and more.
- Or pursue meaningful volunteer activities with programs and projects that give back to the community such as the Angel Fund, Silver Knitters, Project Linus.
Keep active with a variety of clubs
Whether you’re interested in the building body, mind or spirit, or supporting the community, there’s a Resident club for you. If not why not start one!
- There’s a club devoted to caregiving, and one that creates table decorations for our restaurant. Contribute to the The Overlook newsletter, or take part in a spiritual circle.
- Active clubs promote indoor and outdoor activities – everything from cross country skiing and hiking to aquacise, Tai Chi, tennis and gardening.
- Music and art clubs are plentiful, including The Overlook chorus, art classes, quilting and knitting, woodworking and scrapbooking.
- Stimulate your intellect with onsite lectures and educational courses or engage in book club discussions, card games, billiards or cribbage.
In addition to Resident clubs, our Enrichment Team organizes a wide range of weekly programs and events that will keep you as busy as you like – doing what you love!
ACACIA TABLE DECORATIONS: Create arrangements for Acacia dining tables.
ART CLASSES: Various abilities (beginners and up) and activities (classes and special projects throughout the year).
BEAUTIFICATION GROUP: Garden/grounds clean-up/planting, scraping/painting outbuildings, light carpentry, generally keeping things looking spruce around Campus.
BOOK CLUB: Meet to discuss likes and dislikes of books with the group.
BREW CREW: Learn about craft beer and its history, participate in brewing beers. Enjoy the fruits of your labor!
CHORUS: Sing along with friends weekly and preform on the Preforming Arts Stage.
WORSHIP SERVICES: Ecumenical services, usually 2nd Sundays, 10 a.m., on Campus.
EXERCISE: Fitness center and pool.
- Aquacise/pool classes
- Tai Chi
GAMES: Open to all Residents.
- Cross Country Skiing
- Left/Right/Center (LRC)
- Wii Bowling
GARDEN CLUB: Ground level or raised beds available.
KNITTING GROUP: Meets weekly.
THE OBSERVER: Opportunities to write articles and submit photography for Community newsletter.
PLAY READING GROUP: Meets the third monday of the month change private dining room or PAC to on campus.
QUILTING: Quilts of love meets twice a month and makes quilts for your home.
RECYCLING: Collecting cans and bottles for The Shriners Hospital.
REIKI: Meets once a month.
RESIDENT PORTAL TRAINING: Information Technology Department: Available once a month for resident assistance.
RESIDENT STORE: Resident run convenience store.
SPIRITUAL CIRCLE: All are welcome each Friday.
WOOD SHOP: Bring out your creative side in woodshop. Tools provided.