Hobbies? Interests? Recreation? Our programs and clubs cover them all.
Between community-sponsored events and active resident clubs, you’ll never need to search for something to do at The Overlook.
- Our Performing Arts Center is a beautiful 280-seat auditorium, and a perfect venue for musical performances, plus stimulating lectures and special events.
- Residents have established committees that promote and support our library, recycling programs, gardening, woodworking, dining choices and more, and are always looking for new volunteers.
- Or pursue meaningful volunteer activities with programs and projects that give back to the community such as the Angel Fund, Silver Knitters, Project Linus or Chip In.
Keep active with a variety of clubs.
Whether you’re interested in the building the body, mind or spirit, or supporting the community, there’s a resident club just for you.
- There’s a club devoted to caregiving, and one that creates table decorations for our dining room. Contribute to the community newsletter, or take part in a spiritual circle.
- Active clubs promote indoor and outdoor activities – everything from cross country skiing and hiking to aquacise, Tai Chi, tennis and gardening.
- Music and art clubs are plentiful, including our own chorus, art classes, quilting and knitting, woodworking and scrapbooking.
- Stimulate your intellect with onsite lectures and educational courses or engage in book club discussions, card games, billiards or cribbage.
In addition to resident clubs, our enrichment team orchestrates a wide range of weekly programs and events that will keep you as busy as you like – doing what you love!
Jennie Frisella moved from her home in New Hampshire to The Overlook in Charlton, MA. She wanted to be closer to her daughter and young grandchildren and enjoy the benefits of a maintenance-free retirement lifestyle. However, the life she found at her new home held...read more
Massachusetts Retirement Community
Our retirement community is located in Worcester county. A short drive from Boston, Hartford and Providence.