Overlook Residents, Families and Friends
We are closely monitoring and actively responding to the COVID-19 (coronavirus) on our Charlton and Briarwood Campuses, as well as throughout our home health and hospice services across the Commonwealth. Rest assured, there are no confirmed cases of coronavirus at our Communities or any of our services at this time.
Our number one priority is to protect the health and welfare of those we serve. The Overlook is electing to take cautious and proactive actions, through a rigorous approach to mitigating contamination and risk to our Community. This page will be kept updated with new information for the Residents we serve, their families, and their loved ones.
While The Overlook continues to have no presumptive or confirmed cases of Coronavirus on the Charlton Campus at this time, we have initiated the following actions:
- The Overlook has suspended all visitation in Independent Living, including outside Fitness Center members, with the exception of emergency responders, contractors responding to life safety repairs and individuals providing direct care to Residents.
- Health Center visitation is also restricted with the exception of end of life, such as hospice.
- For added protection, access points to the Charlton Campus buildings have been further safeguarded, with staff present at all unlocked entrances during established hours.
- Signs have been posted on entryway doors, educating individuals about preventing the spread of germs.
- With minimal exception, supplies by vendors will be dropped off at the door/loading docks with a Team Member meeting the vendor at the point of entry. With large deliveries. Our goal is to limit the number of people coming into our building and in particular, onto the units and Resident areas.
- All outside events scheduled at The Overlook for the foreseeable future have been cancelled, including those attended by the general public.
- Admissions for all of our Overlook service lines continue. Independent Living marketing activities are continuing off-site.
Please know that the residents of The Overlook continue to lead active and engaged lives. They are attending limited in-house Life Enrichment Programming, have access to the fitness center, pool, walking trails, woodshop, art studio and dining venues. They are still able to socialize with each other throughout the Community and are not being restricted to their homes in any way. We are also working to identify ways to continue to provide religious services, accommodate the upcoming Easter celebration and luncheon, as well as provide on-going education for our Residents and Team Members.
We have been in close contact and are receiving continuous guidance from many expert organizations, including the Centers for Disease Control, Leading Age Massachusetts and National, Department of Public Health and Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services. We will continue to evaluate the situation, evolving our plans as necessary, and appreciate your cooperation and patience. We will continue to provide you with regular updates.
We realize these temporary protocols may be inconvenient and that connecting with loved ones is incredibly important. Accordingly, there are a variety of ways you might consider contacting your loved one(s), including telephone, email, text, Skype or Facebook. Please let us know how we can best support you in facilitating contact.
Thank you for your support and for being a valuable member of our Community.
Yours in Service,
Tameryn Campbell, President & CEO