Whether you want relaxation or inspiration, we haven’t overlooked a thing.
Exceptional dining.Dining is an important part of the experience of The Overlook, including superb choices and a variety of settings in which to enjoy them:
- Tucker’s Café is a charming venue for casual dining with its bistro fare and relaxed atmosphere. It even has an outdoor patio where you can enjoy weekly cookouts in the summer with family and friends
- The elegant Acacia Restaurant will be your choice for more formal dining including gourmet selections prepared by our skilled culinary team using fresh produce grown right here on campus.
A wealth of programs.There is always something interesting going on at The Overlook. And we have the perfect setting for each of them:
- Our grand 280-seat Performing Arts Center is home to our resident chorus, and also hosts lectures, concerts, theater groups and other events.
- The game room is always lively, with everything from pool tournaments to poker and board games.
- Our woodworking shop is equipped with handy tools and enthusiastic craftsmen always willing to teach and learn.
- There’s even a creative arts studio to fulfill your passion for art and a computer communications center to stay on top of the latest gadgets.
Support for health and fitness.To support our focus on living well, we’ve provided multiple opportunities for exercise and recreation:
- Our well-equipped health and fitness club includes personal fitness training and an extensive selection of the latest equipment.
- Our spectacular indoor heated pool can be enjoyed all year long for lap swimming or water exercises
Or simply enjoy the outdoors.With 450-acres of New England countryside in Worcester county, there are a host of ways you can enjoy fresh air and recreation:
- The grounds are laced with walking trails, and perfect for hiking and bird watching in the spring and summer, or for cross-country skiing in the winter.
- Why fight the traffic when you can watch the spectacular fall foliage show right from your balcony.
- There’s a large gardening area, a dog park for our furry friends and a horseshoe pit you can enjoy, too.
Learn more and see for yourself what life is like at
Join us for an
9:00 am - 4:00 pm
Simply stop by or
RSVP to 508-434-2318
Ted Theodores has been a resident of The Overlook for several years now, and he is one of the most valued members of our community. Ted originally semi-retired in 1998 after working as an executive for a large corporation. From there, Ted bought a large home on the...
Massachusetts Retirement Community
Our retirement community is located in Worcester county. A short drive from Boston, Hartford and Providence.