At The Overlook, we value the unique skillset you bring to the table. Most benefits begin on your first day of employment along with the ultimate transparency needed for you to succeed. We aren’t just looking for job seekers, but career seekers who want to grow within our family-like community. We are one of the rare non-profit organizations in Charlton and Western Massachusetts – so come explore the difference of working at The Overlook today.
Why we love working
at The Overlook
“The Overlook provides a culture that is strong with integrity and kindness. We work hard to make it easy to do what is best for those we serve; both our residents and our team members.”
– Tonya Landry, Nursing Home Administrator
Explore more about The Overlook
We offer a great benefits package! Coverage is effective on day one for those who work 30 hours or more. Benefits include: medical, dental, vision and life insurance, flexible spending account, a 401(k) retirement savings plan and 401k matching, predictable schedule, paid time off, tuition assistance, employee assistance program, referral program, discounted fitness center membership on the Charlton Campus, no cost meals daily for team members working on the Charlton campus, fun team member appreciation events and more.
• Health and Dental through Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts, Vision by VSP, all available on day 1 for team members working 30 hours or more per week
• Flexible Spending Accounts and Dependent Care Accounts available, for pre-tax benefits
• 401k and Roth IRA with company match
• Ability to secure voluntary Life, critical illness and accident insurance
• Life, AD&D, Short and Long-term Disability Insurance 100% company paid for team members working 30 hours or more per week
• 2 weeks of paid vacation, plus 5 sick days, 6 paid holidays, and 2 floating holidays for full-time employees
• Pet-friendly team member policy, with many positions allowing team members to bring their dogs to work
Our Team is focused on building and fostering a great working environment! When you choose The Overlook, you join a Team of passionate professionals who care deeply about working in healthcare and serving those in their community. The Overlook puts their Residents, Patients, Clients, community and Team Members first.
Skilled, highly respected and valued professionals are the hallmark of The Overlook’s Resident/Patient/Client-centered care. We are seeking individuals who work well in Teams with a passion for helping Residents, Patients, Clients and their families. We offer a variety of full time, part time and per diem positions. We are headquartered in Charlton, Massachusetts with additional home health and hospice offices in Sunderland and West Springfield. If you share our commitment to provide the highest quality of care and a Culture of Service Excellence, we invite you to explore The Overlook’s open positions.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, genetics and will not be discriminated against on the basis of such characteristics or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We encourage all applicants of all ages.
The Overlook Way Culture of Excellence – 28 Guiding Principles
- Act With Integrity.
- Do What’s Best For Those We Serve.
- Be Vigilant About Safety.
- Honor Commitments.
- Bring It Every Day.
- Listen Generously And Accept Feedback Graciously.
- Speak Straight.
- Embrace Opportunities For Change And A Growth Mindset.
- Share Information.
- Find A Way.
- Practice Blameless Problem- Solving.
- Get Clear On Expectations.
- Take Pride In Your Appearance.
- Show Meaningful Appreciation And Celebrate Successes.
- Strive For Excellence.
- Deliver Timely Results.
- Think “team” First.
- Assume Positive Intent.
- Be Relentless About Improvement.
- Be Curious.
- Look Ahead And Anticipate.
- Keep Things Fun.
- Communicate To Be Understood.
- Invest In Relationships.
- Take Intelligent Risks.
- Encourage Diverse Perspectives.
- Be A Subject Matter Expert And Lifelong Learner.