At The Overlook, we value the unique skillset you bring to the table. Most benefits begin on your first day of employment along with the ultimate transparency needed for you to succeed. We aren’t just looking for job seekers, but career seekers who want to grow within our family-like community. We are one of the rare non-profit organizations in Charlton and Western Massachusetts – so come explore the difference of working at The Overlook today.
As a Team Member of The Overlook, you play an important role in helping the organization achieve its goals and fulfill its Mission. The Core of who we are is empowering individuals to realize their potential where they live and work.
Our Mission, Vision, Core Values and Guiding Principles comprise “The Overlook Way” and accurately communicate the beliefs that guide us to excellence, both individually and collectively as a Community.
Our 28 Guiding Principles clearly define expectations for how we, as Team Members, behave in the workplace. An expectation, as a Team Member of The Overlook, is to live by and promote these beliefs and an environment that emphasizes outstanding service to all we serve, across all levels and entities of our organization.
We practice what we teach and believe that our Mission, Vision, Core Values and Guiding Principles will guide our dedicated Team Members, enabling our organization to create and maintain a Culture of Service Excellence.
A great workplace combines exceptional Team Members that cares about caring! Come join our award winning Team, build relationships and advance your career.
Meet Your Recruiters
General Recruiting Inquiries: 508-434-2325
Why we love working
at The Overlook
“Our organization is founded upon a Culture of Excellence that supports and engages our Team Members for their success.”
– Jeremy Roush. Chief Culinary Services.
Explore more about The Overlook
Masonic Health System of Massachusetts, Inc., is a non-profit organization, offering a continuum of care and services through its subsidiaries; Overlook Health & Rehabilitation Center, Overlook Visiting Nurse Association and Overlook Communities Independent Living.
Over its 110+ year history, The Overlook’s continuum of care and services has expanded to include independent living, post-acute, enhanced living, memory care, skilled nursing, home health, care management, palliative and hospice services. Care is superior when the people providing the care are superior. We hire skilled professionals to work with a highly respected and valued Team who provide Resident/Patient/Client-centered care.
• Health and Dental through Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts, Vision by VSP, all available on Day 1
• Flexible Spending Accounts and Dependent Care Accounts available, for pre-tax benefits
• Mileage Reimbursement of $.625/mile
• 401k w/Company Match
• Tuition Reimbursement of up to $3,300/year, and up to $150/class for the cost of books
• Life, AD&D, Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance 100% company paid for FTEs
• 2 weeks of paid Vacation, plus 5 Sick Days, 6 Paid Holidays, and 2 Floating Holidays for FTEs
• Bi-weekly Direct Deposit, as well as Daily Payment options
• Pet Friendly Team Member Policy, with many positions allowing TMs to bring their dogs to work
• Free Daily Meals to all staff at the Charlton, Ma location
• Free Employee Parking
• Team Member Assistance Program
• Professional development
• Solid track record of promoting Team Members from within
• Generous Team Member Referral Program of $500-$1,500 for each new hire referral
• Reduced price onsite Fitness Center and Salt Water Pool membership of $10/month. Can have a spouse sign-up for going rate of $40/month
• Tickets-At-Work, concerts, and other giveaways and events
• Up to a 5% Annual Raise after Performance Evaluation
• Generous Sign-On Bonuses of $2,000 to $15,000 for eligible positions. 25% after 90 days, remaining 75% after 6 months of concurrent employment
**Restrictions Apply. Contact P&C for further details.
We offer a great benefits package, benefits including, medical, dental, vision and life insurance (effective on day one), flexible spending account, a 401(k) retirement savings plan and 401k matching, predictable schedule, paid time off, tuition assistance, employee assistance program, referral program, discounted fitness center membership on the Charlton Campus, no cost meals daily for Team Members working on the Charlton Campus, fun Team Member Appreciation Events and more.
Our Team is focused on building and fostering a great working environment! When you choose The Overlook, you join a Team of passionate professionals who care deeply about working in healthcare and serving those in their community. The Overlook puts their Residents, Patients, Clients, community and Team Members first.
Skilled, highly respected and valued professionals are the hallmark of The Overlook’s Resident/Patient/Client-centered care. We are seeking individuals who work well in Teams with a passion for helping Residents, Patients, Clients and their families. We offer a variety of full time, part time and per diem positions. We are headquartered in Charlton, Massachusetts with additional home health and hospice offices in Sunderland and West Springfield. If you share our commitment to provide the highest quality of care and a Culture of Service Excellence, we invite you to explore The Overlook’s open positions.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, genetics and will not be discriminated against on the basis of such characteristics or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We encourage all applicants of all ages.
The Overlook Way Culture of Excellence – 28 Guiding Principles
- Act With Integrity.
- Do What’s Best For Those We Serve.
- Be Vigilant About Safety.
- Honor Commitments.
- Bring It Every Day.
- Listen Generously And Accept Feedback Graciously.
- Speak Straight.
- Embrace Opportunities For Change And A Growth Mindset.
- Share Information.
- Find A Way.
- Practice Blameless Problem- Solving.
- Get Clear On Expectations.
- Take Pride In Your Appearance.
- Show Meaningful Appreciation And Celebrate Successes.
- Strive For Excellence.
- Deliver Timely Results.
- Think “team” First.
- Assume Positive Intent.
- Be Relentless About Improvement.
- Be Curious.
- Look Ahead And Anticipate.
- Keep Things Fun.
- Communicate To Be Understood.
- Invest In Relationships.
- Take Intelligent Risks.
- Encourage Diverse Perspectives.
- Be A Subject Matter Expert And Lifelong Learner.